• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting original copies on external hard drive?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the default folder to be on an external hard drive, I then told it to always save a copy of the original, I then put it up to 100%.

Well, it still just saves them to my computer hard drive, it creates a folder on the external hard drive in which sometimes it seems to be storing them, but then it's on the computers SSD as well.

The reason I want to do this, if I take 500GB of photos this Autumn and just put it all in Adobes Cloud and they have any kind of hiccups all of my originals are gone, no backup.

Also, at some point I'm going to go over 1Tb and I'm not gonna pay for 2Tb, I'll have to just clear photos out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Hi Nagolart,

If you are using the latest version of Lightroom CC then, yes it is possible to copy the images on local drive and also sync to the cloud.

Please refer: Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nagolart,

If you are using the latest version of Lightroom CC then, yes it is possible to copy the images on local drive and also sync to the cloud.

Please refer: Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines