• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Favorites Table Row and Column

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of web pages on my site that contain table rows and columns of actual data. I regularly have to insert new rows and columns as I edit these pages.

I have upgraded from Dreamweaver CS3 to DW CC as part of my overall upgrade to Windows 10. But I have lost my Favorites toolbar where I had Insert Row and Insert Column.

I don't see a comparable command in DW CC. There is an Insert --> Table, and there is a separate Edit --> Table --> [menu], but I don't see a way to add Insert Row and Insert Column as part of "Customize Favorites."

Using keyboard commands works, but I'd really like to have mouse-clickable commands in my Insert Favorites panel.

Can anyone help?

P..S. Under Window --> Toolbars, when I set it to Standard, it blocks out the top menu, and all the various drop-down menus are no longer available. Is there a fix for this bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

That's the Favorites option in the Insert tab. There's no way of adding Insert New Row/Column in there.

Try using a Snippet. Create a new Snippet for Insert New Row and Insert New Column. You can drag the Snippet panel anywhere you like on the page. Insert your cursor then double click on the Snippet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginning with CC 2017,  DW was rebuilt from the ground up.  It's not quite the same as previous Creative Suite software.

Switch to LIVE view or Split with Live. See screenshot.

Click inside a table cell until you see a blue box around it.  Then right click to bring up the menu you want.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I see the menu. But is there a way to add the functions to my Insert Favorites toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by a Favorites toolbar.  There are only 3 toolbars.  Document, Standard & Common,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of the ""Toolbar" I am trying t work with.2017-10-29_5-06-45.jpg

The workaround would be to use the menu suggested by Nancy, but I would prefer a one-click icon in a "Toolbar."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Favorites option in the Insert tab. There's no way of adding Insert New Row/Column in there.

Try using a Snippet. Create a new Snippet for Insert New Row and Insert New Column. You can drag the Snippet panel anywhere you like on the page. Insert your cursor then double click on the Snippet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a Favourites toolbar within the Insert menu bar, but because I never used it, I did not realise that it had disappeared.

I know that in the latest versions of Dreamweaver, the changes were based on simplification, meaning that features that were not important/never used, were dropped from the UI.

If you feel that this was done in error, please let the DW team know by going to Help -> Submit Bug/Feature Request

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is still present in new builds

10.30.2017-05.29.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be slightly off topic, but I can no longer even find how to insert a table row or column...

Whether I select a a cell, or a row, or the table, when I right-click these are the only options I see:

dreamweaver-context-menu-missing-options-for-add-rows-and-columns.png

Have these actions been moved or removed? Or am I doing something wrong, or what?...

Using Dreamweaver CC 2018 (v18.1)

(If someone knows the keyboard shortcuts for inserting / removing rows and columns, that would be equally helpful.)

thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switch to Design View.

Highlight & right-click inside table cell.

Click on Table to bring up additional context menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines