• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS wont open ANY jpgs, gifs ect since the lates 2017 update - HELP!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2017 is now broken after installing udate as a ref

I am using an Imac and  and it wont open any images at all  - NONE of the options suggested on other help sites a are working for me - this has brought all  my work to a grinding halt - people are relying on me - very disappointed -  even in the CC 2014 progamme that I opted to keep just in case something like this happened - is there a way of uninstalling the updates and going back to the old versions

From what I can see on other forums there are a lot of other issues too -

I want to go back to before the update in a hurry

it is costing us money and credibility and we are letting people down

already tried right-clicking and manually selecting the Photoshop executable. It doesn't work.

Some one else suggested they were able to solve this issue by unticking the Show "Start" Workspace When No Documents Are Open in the General section of the preferences - they  also disabled graphics acceleration but that didn't work, at least not on its own - but that doesnt work either just keeps giving me the message """Could not complete your request because the file was not found.""""

I have even uninstalled PS 2017 and gone all the way back to PS2014 and it is still happening - AGGGRKKK!!!!!

What has ADOBE done to this program...????? what good is an image editor that wont open or edit the most commonly used form of image?????

I really need help on this please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

OK Found the Solution
The solution was to remove the Camera Raw.plugin that is located in Macintosh HD/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/FIle Formats/.

I hope this helps everyone else who is having this problem

not impressed that adobe released and kept insisting on an update that affected all my previous versions of Photoshop CC too. with this kind of horrendous incompatibility - and have not bothered to fix or circulate any notifications to this effect

It has cost me a day's producti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Photoshop is CC 2018.  If you install the layest update.  If you took the default install settings it would have removed CC 2017.   CC 2014 is a better version of Photoshop IMO.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I agree that 2014 is the better program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it dint jack.  but thank you for taking the time to reply - see my other comment for the solution 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Found the Solution
The solution was to remove the Camera Raw.plugin that is located in Macintosh HD/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/FIle Formats/.

I hope this helps everyone else who is having this problem

not impressed that adobe released and kept insisting on an update that affected all my previous versions of Photoshop CC too. with this kind of horrendous incompatibility - and have not bothered to fix or circulate any notifications to this effect

It has cost me a day's productivity to sort out this problem for them  - where's my wages guys - I bill out at $180 per hour x 8

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines