• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I archive pictures over limit?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20 GB is not that much. Actually neither is 1TB when working with pictures regularly. I am wonderung how I can archive my material, when the cloud is full. Until now I have stored lrcats for each year locally. Will this be the way with the new lightroom as well?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

No you cannot do this with Lightroom CC. The thing to realize is that Lightroom CC is a completely new program. It is not the update to the Lightroom we know and love. It does not work with lrcat files. It can only have a single catalog that has to be completely stored in the cloud. It cannot export this catalog to a local copy. If you anticipate going over 1 TB all the time or need much offline storage, this is not the program for you and you need Lightroom Classic, which is the update to Light

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like any cloud service if it is full, it is full. You will need either more space or to archive on an external drive or other cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No you cannot do this with Lightroom CC. The thing to realize is that Lightroom CC is a completely new program. It is not the update to the Lightroom we know and love. It does not work with lrcat files. It can only have a single catalog that has to be completely stored in the cloud. It cannot export this catalog to a local copy. If you anticipate going over 1 TB all the time or need much offline storage, this is not the program for you and you need Lightroom Classic, which is the update to Lightroom proper as we know it. It allows local storage and can selectively sync only certain images (albeit only as smart preview) to the cloud contrary to Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines