• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 and then in Creative Cloud i get a message about a update to Lightroom CC.

When i have updated the program don't work anymore and if it works i have pay pr month.

Is that correct ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

thomasb24498445  wrote

I have Lightroom 6 and then in Creative Cloud i get a message about a update to Lightroom CC.

When i have updated the program don't work anymore and if it works i have pay pr month.

Is that correct ?

The way you worded your question and the naming changes Adobe made cause this to be confusing.   In addition to the above posts, I'll add my bit!

If you have Lightroom 6.0 on a perpetual license (own it) you should update to Lightroom 6.13.  There may be a 6.14 or 6.15 before the e

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, to use the LR CC or the LR Classic you will need a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Brads advice there are no future upgrades to LR 6 stand alone licensed version. If you installed the new version of Lightroom CC you would of got a trial version, and its possible that LR 6 may have been uninstalled, if this is so have a look at the link below for a solution to reinstall LR 6.

Update to Lightroom Classic CC uninstalls earlier Lightroom versions

Also have a look at the site available at the link below which provides info with respect with updates and change introduced by Adobe with respect to Lightroom.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thomasb24498445  wrote

Is that correct ?

The way you worded your question and the naming changes Adobe made cause this to be confusing.   In addition to the above posts, I'll add my bit!

If you have Lightroom 6.0 on a perpetual license (own it) you should update to Lightroom 6.13.  There may be a 6.14 or 6.15 before the end of the year, but then it will stop.  Whatever you have updated to will be the end of 6.xx.  Most important is that it will continue to work as well as you've been used to doing what you've been doing with the cameras you have.

Should you decide to seek more features or RAW compatibility with some future camera, one of the choices would be to subscribe.

The logical path if you subscribe is to install "Lightroom Classic CC", NOT "Lightroom CC".   If you do elect to use the NEW 'Lightroom CC" it won't be a logical extension to your work patterns with Lightroom 6.xx.

Hope this helps!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your answers.

Now i got it.

Thank you

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thomasb24498445  wrote

Thank you all for your answers.

Now i got it.

Thank you

Thomas

You are very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines