3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 8:51 AM by oksamurai

waveform behavior

donjojo-hannes Level 1

Hi,

the wave-form feature is a great addition to CH, making it easier to line up multiple tracks .... if it works, that is.

Maybe I'm missing something, but as I zoom in and out of the timeline the wave form will only show up on some levels and disappear on others. There appears no clear logic on when it does and unfortunately for me it never works on both tracks needing alignment when zoomed in to a level where alignment is actually achievable.

Any thoughts?

Just me?

Bug?

• 1. Re: waveform behavior
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

How big are your audio files? If you wait at a zoom level do they eventually appear or not? The audio waveforms have to be generated, so it's possible for bigger files that this may be a longer process.

• 2. Re: waveform behavior
            donjojo-hannes Level 1

In terms of length: audio files are between 10 and 15 minutes (I'm in the splitting game now, down from half an hour...)

The wave formes do not show up by letting it sit for a while. I might let it sit for 2 minutes with nothing changing. I zoom out (Alt+mouse wheel) and of the let us say 20 zoom levels 3 random ones might show the waveform. If I have a second track underneath it might show waveforms at let's say 2 different zoom levels. I can have things sitting for 30 minutes without change - and it is true for both mp3 and wav.

• 3. Re: waveform behavior
              oksamurai Employee Moderator

Okay - then yeah, sounds like it's a size issue. I'll let the team know this is happening.