1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 6:39 AM by AnandSri

cannot save pdf files after highlighting text.what is the solution

ravirajg86196831

i am facing trouble saving pdf files after highlighting text in it.Either it takes long to save it or doesnt save it at all.It doesnt show the location where you want to save the file.please give me appropiate solution to save my files as all my efforts to highlight long texts went in vain due to this problem.

• 1. Re: cannot save pdf files after highlighting text.what is the solution
          AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Ravirajg,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to save a PDF file after highlighting the text in the PDF file, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat/Reader installed from Help>Check for updates. You may also repair the installation file of Acrobat/Reader installed from Help>Repair installation.

If the " Save button" is blank, you can uncheck these two options by navigating to Edit>Preferences>General

1. Uncheck "Show online storage when opening files."
          2. Uncheck "Show online storage when saving files."

Try to reproduce the issue with a different  PDF, and if the issue persists, please share the following details:

1. Is it Acrobat or Reader installed , check from Help>About Acrobat/Reader.
          2. Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
          3. Dot version of Acrobat or Reader installed, check from Help>About Acrobat/Reader.
          4. Is it with one PDF file or with all the PDF files.

Hope the information helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

1 person found this helpful