1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 8:25 AM by Tariq Dar

Creating PDF/A

Brandime

I am using, in this case Acrobat XI pro. In an attempt to save a document, that was scanned using a different application (Kofax Express 3.2), as a PDF. I am finding that after running text recognition pages that were oriented correctly have been rotated, either upside down or 90 degrees. Has anyone noticed this issue when using the text recognition?

• 1. Re: Creating PDF/A
          Tariq Dar Adobe Employee

Hello,

I hope you already have found an answer to this question.

Rotate your page before you convert a file to PDF/A.

Rotate pages You can rotate all or selected pages in a document. Rotation is based on 90° increments.
          You can rotate pages using the rotate tools in the Page Thumbnails pane or by using the Rotate option (described below).

1 Choose Tools > Pages > Rotate.

2 For Direction, select the amount and direction of the rotations: Counterclockwise 90 Degrees, Clockwise 90 Degrees, or 180 Degrees.

3 For Pages, specify whether all pages, a selection of pages, or a range of pages are to be rotated.

4 From the Rotate menu, specify Even Pages, Odd Pages, or both, and select the orientation of pages to be rotated.

For reference, page number 267 : https://help.adobe.com/archive/en/acrobat/XI/acrobat_reference.pdf

-Tariq Dar

1 person found this helpful