2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 11:47 AM by vibrata

Memory Insufficient when printing to Pixma Pro 100 via Print Studio Pro

DJWidge Level 1

Hi,

We are having real trouble printing at the moment thanks to this issue. It has only become prevalent in the last few days. We are running a Mac (have used both an iMac and Macbook) to a Pro 100 and 100s. It is affecting both bordered and borderless prints.

We have tried fresh installs of Photoshop.

Fresh installs of Print Studio Pro.

Fresh installs of the drivers.

Nothing seems to be working.

Can anyone help us troubleshoot this?

• 1. Re: Memory Insufficient when printing to Pixma Pro 100 via Print Studio Pro
          leel71371966

I am also having the same problem. For me the picture begins to print but basically looks like black and white clouds. I noticed a couple times when I would hit the print button Photoshop would crash. I should mention I am printing 13 x 19 pics using photoshop with canon plug in. Adobe has a page that try to resolve printing issues. One is to go into photoshop preferences and add more ram. I noticed the pixma 100 has some some software and driver updates. I am going to try that. I think my problem is somehow in the network. Hope you solve it!

• 2. Re: Memory Insufficient when printing to Pixma Pro 100 via Print Studio Pro
            vibrata Level 1

I tried everything with this exact same issue and what worked was to flatten the image before printing. I was using a photo-filter adjustment layer on a 13x13 image when the crash happened and I went through the whole process of updating OS, software, network connections, drivers, allocating more ram.... it took forever and I'm glad I did it but it still crashed as soon as I tried to print the image with the adjustment layer. Flattened it and *bingo*, we were in business. Fingers crossed that the issue actually gets fixed soon.... also haven't tried yet with a larger image. Don't forget to "un-flatten" the image before closing the file if you want to save the adjustment layer!

1 person found this helpful