• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DC Pro - Portfolio navigation

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit data in multiple fields while in a pdf portfolio. When using TAB to try and navigate it removes you from the current document and will only place the marker back into the first location on the page. I have loads of edits to do and all we use are portfolios to combine files. Even when using "open document" it has the same effect. How can I navigate through the fields without using the mouse to move to the next field? I would hope Adobe didn't drop the ball on this one bc I dont have many options at this point. I have already set the tab order in the forms themselves but it has no effect when in portfolio mode.

Please help!

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Hello, F6 no longer works to cycle to the document or to navigate to the Open Document link. While you can go through the toolbars and the portfolio document list with F6 or Tab and select a document in the list, you can't go to the document or to the Open Document link using the keyboard alone.

Would there be another sequence? I have used everything described at, Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat

Product: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.013.20074; Windows 10. Also tested with Screen Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may have already noticed already that the tabbing works fine in Reader

I also wonder why it no longer does in Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tabbing doesn't work in Reader for portfolios as well. Is there a setting for this to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am encountering the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you have to manually rearrange the tabbing order so that you can move from field to field properly and in the desired sequence.

However, in the following thread you can an answered question to this problem and a paid-for app that Try67 developed to take care of that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Is-there-an-easier-way-to-reorder-tabs/td-p/10419845

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately even manually arranging the tab does not work in portfolio since it won't move to the next PDF file in the portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just today another user was asking a similar question.

If the Tab key doesn't work when it is used by itself, use the F6 key, tapping on the F6 key by itself will cycle the mouse pointer through all toolbars and the document.

When using the F6 key  and select a toolbar, you move through the toolbar icons with  the aid of the arrow keys (left, right, up, or down).

Tapping on the arrow keys will cycle through the active toolbars menu items one by one.

When tapping the F6  key to move around all of the toolbars available in the Acrobat workspace, when it reaches the last available toolbar of your Acrobat workspace, it will jump into the document, allowing  the user to navigate in the PDF form with the aid of the arrow keys, Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, etc.

It is also possible, that the keyboard layout changed during a system update.

Tab works on my end using Windows 10. 

See the link  below.

Just today I posted it for another user who was asking about other known Acrobat shortcut keys.

See section on how to navigate PDF portfolios with keyboard shortcuts:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-pro-dc-win10-shortcuts-for-switching-between-tabs/m-p... 

NOTE: See also in Edit, Preferences, Accessibility-->>>Other Accessibility Options verify if checking or unchecking "Use document structure for tab order when no explicit tab order is specified"  and " Show Portfolios in Files mode".

Most important, to be able to really use your F6 keyboard shortcut effectively, you'll need to also modify Ease of Access in Windows (left Alt+Shift keys pressed together with NumLock key) select to turn on Mouse Keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, F6 no longer works to cycle to the document or to navigate to the Open Document link. While you can go through the toolbars and the portfolio document list with F6 or Tab and select a document in the list, you can't go to the document or to the Open Document link using the keyboard alone.

Would there be another sequence? I have used everything described at, Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat

Product: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.013.20074; Windows 10. Also tested with Screen Readers: JAWS and N.V.D.A. and also tested Acrobat 2017 (enterprise use). 

Summary: need keyboard navigation to the Open Document link and to the portfolio document view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines