• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect vs Firefox - firefox seems to be winning

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of last week, when running an Adobe Connect meeting via Firefox, I could no longer use the "Manage Meeting Information" function. A tiny blue circle would very briefly spin and then nothing would happen.

As of tonight, I can't even open a Connect room via Firefox.  When I try to do so, the meeting room very briefly (i.e. less than a second) opens, then auto-closes.

I know that the room is actually opening/I'm actually joining it, because when I entered the room I wanted via Chrome 15 seconds later, I was logged in as "Stuart Kovinsky 2" - in other words, I managed to briefly join the meeting before my room window closed.

I'm not getting any kind of pop-up blocker warnings in firefox and have not recently changed any of my settings.

System info:

Windows 10, 64 bit

Firefox 56.0.2 (64-bit)

Adobe connect add-in

OK - update: I wondered "hey, self, wouldn't you feel silly if you just needed to resintall the add-in?"  So, I reinstalled the add-in.

Now, instead of the window opening and immediately closing, I get a small "Loading Adobe Connect" window. However, after 1 minute and counting, I still just have a small "Loading Adobe Connect" window.

I then tried to open the room with ?launcher=false added, and the room did open inside Firefox. So, the problem appears to be with the add-in.

I can also access "Manage Meeting Information" when I don't use the add-in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the same problem at work with FF64 and Adobe Connect 9.6.1. 

While our FF32 works fine.

We had success with FF64 and accessing the meeting rooms correctly after a recent Adobe Flash update was pushed out to our systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines