0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2006 8:48 AM by Andreq85

Scrollpane with mc ref

Andreq85
      Hi,

I'm currently building my own tabed window component and now I'm stuck...I'm able to change my tabs and display the content in the scrollpane (I use a scrollpane as a display for my tab in my component). The problem is when I change the content property and change from tab to tab it always reload the class and I loose all my change made in the last tab...

Is there anyway to have a movieclip ref as a contentPath so I could create hidden MC on my movie witch will keep their property change.

for exemple :

I have my_mc.text = "Hey !"
      Witch is some class text that I want to load in my tab component scrollPane.
      It work good when I'm currently on the tab as I created a getContent function witch return "theScrollPane.content" where I can set for exemple : myTab.getContent().text = "somethine new"

but when I change my tab (myTab.contentPath = somethingnew) I'll loose my last text when I return to the last tab

If there was only text I could have global text var but If I load a complex class in my scrollPane with dynamicly created movieclip ... I loose them all

...anyway if you have any idea I would appreciate.

I could change the scrollPane to a movieClip. and change this MC to my hidden MCs...but the current scrollPane have nice scrollbar and have a maximum showing aera...

...as I'm writting.... I think I could have a permanent contentPath..with an empty MC..witch I could change the ref........I'll try this but I'm waiting for any tips or idea !

Thanks

(sorry for my english...it's not my maiden language)