• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate cc published exe changing screen resolution to 1080i when launched.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An exe created and published in Adobe Animate when launched (in full screen) will change the set screen resolution to 1080i (from 1080p). I have tested the exe on multiple computers (all using 1080p) and multiple LED monitors using multiple video sources. The issue only occurs in full screen mode and only when launched, if I take focus off the application or change the video source it goes back to 1080p. The issue is undoubtedly caused by the application when launched. Under the exe publish settings of Adobe Animate I cannot find any options to change what I assume is a default setting for the application.

I should note that I am launching the exe in full screen by using the "stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE" Actionscript 3 method.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

That's interesting. Its almost as if it starts at the default of 24 fps, but quickly switches to the fps you have set. Could be worth reporting it as a bug:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, I actually have an idea about that! Regular cinema is 24 fps, and to make that work on NTSC's 59.94 fields per second the video is run at 23.976, which with some tricks with the interlacing means that you can play it back on a 59.94 or 29.97 frames per second monitor.

I think that your monitors are clever, and are seeing the 24 fps full screen video as if its non-interlaced video that needs to be matched with the 60 fps monitor. To do that it's going into 1080i so that the same trick will work.

If I'm right you have a couple of choices, depending on whether the monitors support PAL or not. If you change the frame rate to 25 fps, and that's close enough to what you want visually, the monitor may well run at 1080p/50. If you changed it to 30 fps, the monitor would run at 1080p/60, but the animation may run too fast.

I just made all of that up without testing, so I'm curious if it works out ok.

One nice new feature in Animate CC 2018 is the ability to have all your animation readjusted when you change the frame rate. Under the fps setting in Properties is a new option, Scale Frame Spans. If you check that and then change the frame rate from 24 fps to 30 fps, all of the animation will be adjusted to make it play back at the same speed it was at 24 fps, and it should stay in 1080p/60.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

I tried lowering the frame rate but that didn't work. I should note that the application was initially running at 60 fps. A silly solution I did find however is when I put a 1 frame timer delay before the full screen command is executed at the launch of the application the resolution will consistently remain at 1080p (as far as the eye can tell).

I am not really sure why this works. Plain logic would suggest that something is getting conflicting arguments when launching the application with a forced full screen mode command being executed at the same time, so giving it that moment to pause sorts everything out. However I can't explain the technical reasoning behind it at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting. Its almost as if it starts at the default of 24 fps, but quickly switches to the fps you have set. Could be worth reporting it as a bug:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines