• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: New Lightroom CC install Errors

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my installation which is for a single user.  Windows 10, 64bit.  Error message is: 

Exit Code: 156

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.0.1.1142117

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.1.1142117). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\Wayne\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Ok I was hoping for some additional errors Wayneg26339512.

At the moment it appears the current User account is unable to create a shortcut Adobe Lightroom Classic CC on the desktop.  Does a shortcut already exist on the desktop?  If so please delete the existing shortcut and try the installation again Wayneg26339512.

If you continue to encounter errors then please create a local administrator account to see if the new account is able to create the necessary shortcut.  Details on how to set up a n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Wayneg26339512 the discussion you responded to was in reference to macOS.  Do you also have a Creative Cloud for Enterprise membership and are having Lightroom Classic CC deployed to your Windows 10 computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably just in the wrong place for the discussion.  I am in individual user on Windows platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for additional details Wayneg26339512.  I moved this discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

To begin please make sure you are installing Lightroom Classic CC through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  You can find complete details regarding the process at Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps .  If you continue to receive errors then can you please update this discussion with the other Adobe applications installed on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to install again from the app. (as I did before) same error.  I have Photoshop CC installed.  I was also able to update Lightroom CC (2015) successfully the other day.  But Lightroom Classic CC continues to fail to install with the same 156 Error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks Wayneg26339512.  Are there any other errors contained within the install log?  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors .  The most recent errors will be at the end of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the complete listing of the error messages are as follows:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.0.0.1140024

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.0.1140024). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\Wayne\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I was hoping for some additional errors Wayneg26339512.

At the moment it appears the current User account is unable to create a shortcut Adobe Lightroom Classic CC on the desktop.  Does a shortcut already exist on the desktop?  If so please delete the existing shortcut and try the installation again Wayneg26339512.

If you continue to encounter errors then please create a local administrator account to see if the new account is able to create the necessary shortcut.  Details on how to set up a new local administrator account can be found at Adobe troubleshooting: Creating an admin account in Windows Wayneg26339512.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having the same issue. I solved it by redirecting My Documents... see below.

It seems, the error lies in the install scripting which is using the My Documents location (retrieved from the registry) and then adding "\..\Desktop" (mind the ".." !) as the location for the shortcut. If this is true (my solution works, so probably...) the install script is using a rather illogical way to locate the user's Desktop folder, since that has it's own registry key.

Going up a folder from My Documents is in some cases not possible, as you can see below.

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.0.1.1142117

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.1.1142117). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create directory "\\mycompanyname\Homedrives$\arjen.ter.horst\..\Desktop". Last Error: 79049048. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "\\mycompanyname\Homedrives$\arjen.ter.horst\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"

I solved it by temporarily redirecting My Documents to a different location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arjenth - you're spot on !! This resolved my issue after days of trying to figure it out. Thanks heaps!

Cheers,

Altay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same issue as well as I was trying to install Lightroom. What I found while tinkering around was that the mentioned

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal"

registry key is related to some Microsoft OneDrive settings, specifically the ones on the "Auto save" tab Desktop, Documents etc. After setting theese to "This PC only" I was able to install Lightroom no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real pain just for a software update . . . . but adding a new administrative account and updating through the new account worked.  Thanks Jeff for the clue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue.

And this prevents me from using it completely

I dont see any suggestions fom adobe (as usual).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys I'm having the same problem and have followed the registry instructions and right clicking  on the personal tab do I change the "document" in there to "this Pc Only".Driving me up the wall and I dont want to have to reinstall Windows. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines