Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency / Opacity Bug - Photoshop 2018

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I've encountered a bug when loading files into the new Photoshop 2018. As you can see in the screenshot below, when I load an image, Photoshop messes with the transparency/opacity of the file. I think this only happens when I convert the layer to a smart object (see screenshot 2 and 3).  Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like layer 0 has reduced transparency.

Screenshot 1 is the smart object from both layers?

2 is where you started before the smart object?

3 is when you double click to edit the smart object?

Just trying to get a clear picture of what is happening. I haven't run into this problem.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

I just noticed your reply and think it went like this:

Screenshot 1 is what happend after i loaded a .jpg file and converted it to a smart object.

Screenshot 2 is where I pasted another copy of the original image in a new layer on top of layer 0.

Screenshot 3 is the same layer as shown in screenshot 2 but after converting it to a smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha. This is very strange behavior and I can't reproduce it. From what you have shared, it's just a jpg that you have converted to a smart object. However - it doesn't look like just a jpg. In Screenshot #2, the background copy layer is weird - it's not a nice rectangle as jpgs are supposed to be and it has transparency around the edges.

My question is - is this only happening with this file or with others as well?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines