• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD jpeg/text issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second discussion regarding this issue. The first brought no help at all but I have some new information which is hopefully helpful. I made a video in Premier. it begins with a jpeg, underneath which is a title box with text regarding the video. I have exported it numerous times and at different values. It always comes out great and works well online. The issue is that when I burn it to a DVD the text and jpeg wiggle. I did other test burns with just the text and it looked fine on a DVD, so the issue is with a jpeg and text together. I have done this before and never encountered this problem. I also tried different transcode settings and I tried a TIFF in place of the jpeg and  as soon as I burn a DVD with the text and image the whole thing shakes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One add, I also put an underlying black layer but the whole thing still shakes when put on DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tests. Next, respond to the questions I asked in the previous post:

Re: I am trying to burn a DVD. Te begining of the video has a title page. The title page is wavy whe...

Which were:

There can be many reasons. DVD is standard definition, not high definition. What is your source material?

Please post a screenshot of the Encore project panel.

If you are exporting from Premiere Pro or similar program, please post a screenshot of your export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also burned the file to Blu-ray and it is fine. The source material is HD but the  only part I am having trouble with is the title page when I try to add an image. i tried Jpg and Tiff. I exported from 1920x1080 (1.0) 23.976 fps progressive to several resolutions including a matched sequence and 1280x720 24fps Progressive, `There is no problem with the video which plays fine on everything but DVDScreen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.01.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.03.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best option for the DVD is to export from PR/AME as MPEG2-DVD - the options you describe will be transcoded by Encore, and it can be harder to get the option you want there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2 shows the Preview codec used. You dont want that. Its what it is a preview codec of low quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines