• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[CTRL]+TAB no longer cycles through minimized documents in CC2018?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working on multiple documents, I always need to cycle through them. I've always used [CTRL]+TAB (or [Shift] TAB) in the past. However, since the 2018 update, this no longer cycles through the minimized documents. This is REALLY inconvenient!!! The only way to access the minimized docs is to go to the >Window menu and individually click on every single document to re-activate it.

Is there a way to use the legacy keyboard shortcut to cycle through the opened documents (including the minimized ones)?

thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

It's broken on the mac side as well.

Neither the Control+Tab or Command+Tilde work for bring up and cycling through minimized documents.

Hopefully it's just a bug that needs fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct—that has changed. You can report the new behavior (and the wish to return to the old behavior) here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, you're right. It will cycle through floating windows, and tabbed windows. I checked on 2017, and cycling though minimized files, brought them up, but didn't minimize them once a new document was selected. I suppose that might be part of your workflow. I find tabbed windows much easier to use. Only rarely will I use floating windows when comparing two docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's broken on the mac side as well.

Neither the Control+Tab or Command+Tilde work for bring up and cycling through minimized documents.

Hopefully it's just a bug that needs fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Chuck and prefer the tabbed interface, but Jeff Arola​, I'd encourage you to report this as well using the link I provided earlier. The more people who say something, the more likely it is to get fixed.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed as of 2/28/2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And many months back then i did the same and nobody did a thing neither, only a slap to your face with a "Deal with it" marked on it

Photoshop CC 2018: CTRL+Tab not bringing up minimized files | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for linking us to that topic on Photoshop Family. Unfortunately that what Jeffrey Tranberry says means Adobe did that intentionally 😕 They disallowed us to use 'Ctrl Tab' through minimised images to make Photoshop compatibile(?) with other Adobe products. I do not use anything more than Photoshop and Bridge, why then I'm enforced to forget about some commands specific for Photsohop they perhaps have no influence in Illustrator / InDesign environments? Wouldn't it better to add option to preferences where user will decide of behaviour of 'Ctrl Tab' (and if there was same cause to take off 'View / Screen Mode') through minimised windows/images? I believe there was some reason these convinient shortcuts worked for over 15 years(?) like certianly that it let us work smoothly focusing on changing / creating graphics, not on side things to access them. So how's that possible that has been decided to be changed / removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any workaround, beside ridicilous selecting maually (by mouse click) each document separately each time you leave to desktop or switch application to be back to Photoshop? I mean, that is not solution when each day I work with 500 images and meantime often have to use 'Ctrl d' or 'Alt Tab', because when I'm back to Photoshop, 'Ctrl (Shift) Tab' or 'View / Screen Mode' doesn't work! Those manual (by mouse) methods are those I never used because all I do I minimse to just fastest and easiest way to perform my doings. So these:

- 'File / Open Recent' and clicking on some image

- 'Window' and activating some image from down of this menu

- moving mouse to down of screen to display Windows Down Bar, then hovering over Ps icon and clicking some image

are not solutions at all - it takes much time working with many images and is completely inconviencent Let's forget now about 'View / Screen Mode', but is there at least any workaround to use 'Ctrl (Shift) Tab' in CC 2018 on minimised images ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Ctrl (Shift) Tab' to cycle through minimized documents is not only thing that doesn't work in CC 2018. You can't use 'View / Screen Mode' still in the same situation, however that was broken in CC 2015 and never fixed More findings about these problems read in report on Photoshop Family site in two separate posts I made (initial, and 2nd one - much more detailed):

Opened document(s) is/are invisible coming back to Ps 19.1.2 after using 'win d' or 'alt tab' in Win...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines