• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool, Any way to make anchor point the default instead of handles?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you know how you have to always click to convert to an anchor point for bezier paths? Is there any way to switch anchor points as the default point type instead of smooth curves?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to just click - don't move the mouse, and it will create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chuck Thank you, this halfway works, but is not exactly what I was looking for.  It only solves the issue if your previous point is not a bezier curve.  If the preceding one uses curves you still have to 'option + click' the point to convert it for the next one 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Umm, I'm not seeing that. When I just click it creates a anchor point with no handles. opt/alt clicking does nothing to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines