Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still using my hard disk with lightroom CC

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think about using lightroom CC or cc Classic for handling my pictures.

One of the open issues is: can I keep at least a fraction of my pictures on my own hard disk, when I use Lightroom CC ?

This is  very important for me for security reasons.

Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

You but you can't really control this very well. There is a preference where you can choose to keep local copies of everything, but you can't easily set it to keep a subset if you want not everything local because of storage space reasons. You can choose per image if you want it locally stored (in the button bottom right but you can't do this per album for example so this is not easy to do consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You but you can't really control this very well. There is a preference where you can choose to keep local copies of everything, but you can't easily set it to keep a subset if you want not everything local because of storage space reasons. You can choose per image if you want it locally stored (in the button bottom right but you can't do this per album for example so this is not easy to do consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines