• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone help me edit this logo?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello , im new to this forum as Well as to photoshop.

I need help with editing a logo to have some christmass theme . I’d really appreciate if someone helped me with that . Here is the original logo

domowe_kolor.jpg - Google Drive

thanks for all help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Hi

Keep it simple - what you add depends on where you are in the world - holly and snow work in the UK

You will need to draw simple shapes with the pen tool. Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop

If you can get hold of the original vector file great - if not trace round the existing shapes with the pen tool. You should also trace the lettering with the pen tool and replace it with a shape - same with the knife and fork.

An example of what you could do is below :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinkin'...at least holly wrapped around the swishes, maybe? You definitely don't want to overdo it; it's busy as is.

I'm also thinking that Illustrator would be more up to this task since it's vector-based. (I mean, Photoshop can do it...just not as with much verve.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Know I totslly don’t have any idea on this and don’t really know how to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the first step would be to get or create assets to use. You already have the logo. For my example, you would need holly of some sort, preferably in vector format. I'm sure Adobe Stock has some assets but you'd have to pay to use them. Alternatively, you could create your own using Illustrator or Photoshop.

Then it's just a question of placing and layering (also called, "compositing"). Both Photoshop and Illustrator have this capability.

Place files in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i got some vectors from adobe stock . is there anyways i can contact you to tell What i need ? Can you send private messages on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Keep it simple - what you add depends on where you are in the world - holly and snow work in the UK

You will need to draw simple shapes with the pen tool. Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop

If you can get hold of the original vector file great - if not trace round the existing shapes with the pen tool. You should also trace the lettering with the pen tool and replace it with a shape - same with the knife and fork.

An example of what you could do is below :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that was fun
logo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines