• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop cc2018 will not SAVE AS

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from PS CC 2015.5 to PS CC 2018, apparently successfully. But when I tried to open a JPG, make revisions and then SAVE AS a a different JPG (or any other format) I got the message "Could not save a copy of filename.jpg because the file could not be found". Same happened when trying to save as a TIFF, PNG or PSD. Only the EXPORT, SAVE FOR WEB allowed saving as a new JPG. After a couple of frustrating hours I uninstalled, then re-installed and got the same message.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, with 32mg RAM.

Ironically, it works fine on my MacBook Pro. Needing to get some work done, I uninstalled the 2018 version and then installed PS CC 2017, which works fine. But I WOULD like to get the 2018 version working.  Any help out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Using a Windows 10 Creators x64 system here with PS CC 2018. I'm trying to repro with any JPEG I have but cannot seem to do so. I open a JPEG > File > Save As > JPEG as file type and save elsewhere. Tried both original file names and new names. Works fine.

Have you tried the CC Cleaner yet?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

(I should note: I recently reformatted my system and installed Photoshop fresh.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using a Windows 10 Creators x64 system here with PS CC 2018. I'm trying to repro with any JPEG I have but cannot seem to do so. I open a JPEG > File > Save As > JPEG as file type and save elsewhere. Tried both original file names and new names. Works fine.

Have you tried the CC Cleaner yet?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

(I should note: I recently reformatted my system and installed Photoshop fresh.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines