• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC update - auto-center image place gone?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 2018 Photoshop update, I've noticed that image files placed onto the canvas (by dragging and dropping) are no longer automatically centered. I've searched everywhere in the preferences and can't find any way to make this happen. I primarily use Ps for editing house pictures for a real estate TV program. Having the pictures auto-center gave me the most efficient workflow, and I've had to revert to the previous version to get that back. All of my other preferences transferred with no problem, so I'm wondering if this might be a fundamental change to Ps.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change that setting? I'm familiar with the auto-alignment functions/shortcuts, but we're talking about hundreds of photos for each episode. It would significantly slow down my workflow adding in more keystrokes.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to dropping, press and hold the shift key.

However, if dragging from the Finder this does not work (a bug?)

A simple action will solve this:

Screenshot 2017-11-02 11.52.24.png

If you want to download the action, here it is

I have assigned the F10 key as a shortcut. So after you drop, press F10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned I'm using Windows.

I tried using Shift and that didn't work. I also tried Ctrl, Alt, Shift + Ctrl, Shift + Alt, Ctrl + Alt, and Shift + Ctrl + Alt. No difference.

I may just have to keep using CC 2017 for now.

Thanks for the help, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also thank you for taking the time to make and upload the action, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking it's a bug; I can repro as well. Opening images one-by-one in their own tabs and then dragging and dropping to the main document mimics the behavior one would expect; the image centers once it arrives in the target document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I guess it just doesn't like dragging images directly from Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I've just installed this action - saves me loads of time.
You're a gem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines