• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Font Using Markers

Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list of items that I want to change from Arial Regular to Arial Bold and then back. My voiceover will read the list, and I want the words to go BOLD to correspond with the VO.

If I placed markers on the text layer to create IN and OUT points, could I use an expression to control the font this way?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Fonts cannot be controlled with expressions and that is that. You have to use differently formatted layers, cut and edit them suitably. What you want would look iffy, anyway, since the transitions wouldn't be smooth due to different kerning etc.. Same old limition of non-monospaced fonts. If you're still interested in doing this semi-automatically consider otehr options like adding a stroke text animator or one for color and animating those, which could be based on markers or otehr automatisms u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts cannot be controlled with expressions and that is that. You have to use differently formatted layers, cut and edit them suitably. What you want would look iffy, anyway, since the transitions wouldn't be smooth due to different kerning etc.. Same old limition of non-monospaced fonts. If you're still interested in doing this semi-automatically consider otehr options like adding a stroke text animator or one for color and animating those, which could be based on markers or otehr automatisms using expressions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines