1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 5:08 PM by Colin Holgate

iOS - increase build number

aliciab72459363

Today I wanted to submit an update to the App Store.

Unfortunately I had a missing Info.plist key so it got rejected after uploading via Application Loader.

After retrying, I got the message that the current build number is already uploaded:

ERROR ITMS-4238: "Redundant Binary Upload. There already exists a binary upload with build version '1.5.6' for train '1.5.6'" at SoftwareAssets/PreReleaseSoftwareAsset

Now, obviously I need to increase the build number to upload a new binary. Can you tell me how to do that?

I don't want to create a new version every time my app gets rejected...

• 1. Re: iOS - increase build number
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

In the app descriptor xml is versionNumber and versionLabel. versionNumber is filled in from the iOS settings, and the same number is used for versionLabel if you haven't edited the xml to give it something different.

versionNumber is what Apple are looking at to decide if it's anew build, and versionLabel is what users will see in the App Store.

So, you about to submit your amazon version 2, and don't want to confuse users, but do want to have another chance to upload to Apple, you could do this:

<versionNumber>2.0.1</versionNumber>

<versionLabel>2.0</versionLabel>

There's more about it here:

Adobe AIR * AIR application descriptor elements

You would need to do another publish, after changing the 2.0.0. to 2.0.1, and manually editing versionLabel in a text editor to say 2.0, in order to not trouble users with the fact that you had to make a new build to get past Apple.