• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version of PHOTOSHOP not activating immediately when double clicking on image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a New issue, just started a few days ago.

Normally, double clicking on an image file opens the newest version of Photoshop.  I have PHOTOSHOP CC2018 installed and Photoshop 5 installed (for very specific reasons only).  Up until now when double clicking on an image PHOTOSHOP CC 2018 would open and I would have access to all tools.

As of yesterday whenever I click on an image file Photoshop 5 opens instead.  I can drag the file to CC2018  and it opens just fine, but double clicking on a file turns on PS5.

I should mention that I NEVER have PS5 running, only CC2018.

Gone through my prefs, gone through CC settings....nothing seems out of the ordinary and definitely not out of whack.  Used Photoshop since 1993, always MAC based, so I have a pretty good history in troubleshooting and knowing the program.  This one really throws me.

Anyone else experiencing this issue??  Anyone know exactly WHY this is happening and how to stop it???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi David,

Could you please try updating to Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click on the fly-out in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Could you please try updating to Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click on the fly-out in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated PS to the newest version and that is WHY I am asking this.    I cannot find the setting to eliminate the original frame, which now appears as GRAY surrounding the cropped image, and the cropped image does not fill the frame anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines