1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 9:10 AM by Sheena Kaul

Adobe Stock Membership | 10 Free Images = £23.99 p/m for a year

theaxx7

Hello,

I am not sure where to really begin. I have just noticed for the first time I am actually being charged for the Adobe Stock service, which does not make any sense to me as the CC drop down menu (The CC icon on upper toolbar on a Mac) still says the "Get 10 free Adobe stock images". Well, apparently the service is not free even to the extent of one photo and am so unpleasantly surprised that a company like Adobe would pull something like this off. I amaze the person who is in charge of this marketing trick.

So... I first noticed this just today when I went to check my bank account balance and one of the transactions saying Adobe Stock £23.99. I was so surprised, but I obviously realised what had happened. Straight away, being disrupted from my planned schedule I had to go to chat support to find out where the issue is, this is how it went (Please note that at the end I was never transferred, and I kept waiting for about good 10 minutes at least; And then also here I am wasting my time writing this post; also I have edited out the sensitive information i.e. name, phone number, e-mail):

Thanks for contacting us. We’ll find a representative for you to chat with and keep you posted on your wait time.

This chat will become active once a representative responds.

Did you know you can get answers to most of your Adobe-related questions at help.adobe.com? Find helpful video tutorials, tips for troubleshooting, and user guides for all our products. You can even get answers from members of our vibrant forums community. Visit help.adobe.com. Please hold for the next available agent.

You are now chatting with Neha.

Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

09:01:11

Neha:

Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

09:01:24

Aksels:

Hello Neha

Your chat transcript will be sent to xxx@xxx at the end of your chat.

09:01:37

Neha:

How are you?

09:02:25

Aksels:

I’m okay, but feel a little worried because I’ve just found out about the £23.99 charge I didn’t know about when using 10 “free” adobe stock images...

09:03:40

Aksels:

I really only ever used them for practice purposes

09:04:01

Aksels:

And only because it said it’s free (?)

09:04:29

Neha:

I apologize for the inconvenience, however surely I am going to help you out, do not worry about it.

09:04:39

Aksels:

So, I really hope I can get a refund...

09:04:55

Neha:

Please don't worry, I'll be glad to assist you with that.

09:04:59

Neha:

Before going any further "May I have your phone number to update your account"?

09:05:03

Aksels:

Thank you

09:05:13

Neha:

You are welcome.

09:05:19

Aksels:

Sure, it is xxxxx xxx xxx

09:05:31

Neha:

Thank you

09:08:35

Aksels:

I only noticed the charge now, because before it said Adobe Systems £23.99 and somehow I mistook it for the Crative Suite charge, only this month it says now Adobe Stock and that’s when I now first noticed it and going backwards I now realize there are two payments per month to Adobe...

09:09:13

Neha:

Alright

09:09:19

Neha:

Would you mind waiting for 2-3 minutes while I research this issue?

09:09:31

Aksels:

Please take your time

09:09:42

Neha:

Thank you

09:14:23

Neha:

Thank you for your patience.

09:14:26

Neha:

We appreciate your patience and regret the inconvenience due to the high wait time.

09:14:59

Aksels:

That’s okay

09:15:11

Neha:

I can see under your account you have two subscriptions active

09:15:26

Neha:

One is Adobe Stock - 10 images a month (one-year) and other is Creative Cloud Student and Teacher edition (one-year)

09:15:42

Neha:

Do you want to cancel the subscription Adobe Stock - 10 images a month (one-year)?

09:16:39

Aksels:

I definitely would like to cancel the Adobe Stock subscriotion as I never intended to sign up for it, not for £23.99 a month

09:17:12

Neha:

We have a dedicated team for your issue I am transferring your chat to that team.

Please wait while we connect you to a representative.

Thank you for your patience. Your wait time is approximately  '0' minutes.

Thanks for contacting Adobe.

Visit our forums. Post questions and get answers from experts 24/7.

Amazing support. Having Googled around, I understand I am not the first one to have fallen into this trap.

Please advise & I would really appreciate a refund.

Regards,

Axel