• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with masking DPX files in AE

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I recently broke into a DPX workflow and have been experiencing some weird issues in AE. I haven't been doing anything extraordinary yet either

I'm simply trying to use masks with my 10bit 1080 DPX sequence clips and I'm not seeing results when making parameter adjustments. For instance when I add a feather to a mask it doesn't register or if I move the mask path it does not update or if I change it from add to subtract nothing happens...

I opened a new project with same sequence settings and imported some normal jpegs and all the mask parameters functioned properly. Is there something with DPX sequences that cause this?

Side note - I'm also having problems sending DPX clips from Premiere to AE using the dynamic link. The clip doesn't show anything in AE.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KevinL,

Still having trouble with this? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, I’m not having any trouble with masking DPX/Cineon sequences anymore. However im still not getting anything with I send a DPX/Cineon sequence clip from Premiere to AE using the “send to after effects” dynamic link. To be clear, I don’t see anything when I play back a dpx/Cineon Clip in AE that was sent from premiere.

Any idea? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Kevin,

Can you PM me a link to some sample frames? I'll have the team take a look.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines