Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask problem

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this morning i have  a problem with the "Select and mask" tool. Once i have made the selection when i press the "select and mask" button to define the selection a window pops up saying "Impossibile applicare l'area di lavoro poiché si è verificato un errore del programma" which translate roughly "Impossible to apply work area because of a software error". Until yesterday it was working fine but today is a no go, i didn't change any setting, I have tried rebooting the mac, i tried with different pictures but alway the same error. Select and mask tool will work without selecting previously using the other tools.

I am on a 5K iMac late 2014, 4Ghz i7, 16GB, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, Photoshop CC 2018.

Thanks for anyone willing to help, I am stuck right now.

Lorenzo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting preferences. Go to Preferences > General and click on Reset Preferences on Quit. Then click OK and close and restart Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Dave, it worked!!

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, it worked for a bit but the error just reoccured...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines