• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have 165 MB images in LR CC but the app reveals that I have used 0% of my alotted 50 GB

Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the recent onset of updates from Adobe I find myself more confused than ever.

I used PSHOP  2017 and LR Mobile. I had a smart collection in PShop 2017. With no help from me, this smart collection could be seen in LR Mobile on my phone and my iPad.

Then, with the appearance of LR Classic CC I opened it and let it modify my catalog. Then opening LR CC I found that the smart collection existing in Lightroom Classic CC had now found its way into LR CC.

Looking at the drop down list under the cloud symbol in the R upper corner of LR CC panel it shows that I have used no space in the in the 50 GB allotted to me for cloud storage.

I feel that no one will understand what I am tying to explain.

It seems that I have about 155 MB in the cloud but checking in LR CC I have ZERO MB used in the cloud.

Any help, comments, laughs or whatever.

Vince

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

>And, how did it happen that these images went to LR CC?

Any collection set to sync in Lightroom Classic will show up automatically in LR CC. They sync to the same cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things. One 165 MB is approximately 0.3% of 50GB. Lightroom might well round this to zero. Second it used to be that Smart previews like the ones that Lightroom Classic syncs to the cloud do not count towards the storage limits. I do not know whether this is still true after the release of Lightroom CC but that might be the second part of the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JAO,

Thanks for the reply. It seems that your response is plausible. I will wait for a few additional responses before I call yours the correct answer.

I am becoming more convinced that I am not quite smart enough to understand. And, how did it happen that these images went to LR CC?  I did not do it purposely.

regards,

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>And, how did it happen that these images went to LR CC?

Any collection set to sync in Lightroom Classic will show up automatically in LR CC. They sync to the same cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have marked your answer correct but I see little logic in this explanation.

I suppose my interest in LR CC has fallen well below the zero point.

Thanks for your effort, and if you get more info please post to this thread.

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I think that the pix synced with Lightroom Classic to the cloud don't use the Cloud Storage. I have now 5344 pix synced with the cloud and it still tells me that 0MB of my 100GB are used. You can always work on your pix in Lightroom CC when they are in the Cloud, but when they come from Lightroom Classic, you only have the small Previews (about 2000pixels on the larger side) available if you want to use it in Photoshop. Otherwise only the editing is synced to the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines