Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot delete "." shortcut

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm trying to delete the "next brush" and "previous brush" shortcuts as I use the full stop and comma keys as shortcut to move in the video timeline (with ALT Gr key as I can't put just the single keys on that shortcut, which I would LOVE to do if that's possible).

The problem is when I delete the shortcuts in the edit keyboard shortcut menu NOTHING happens, except the shortcut isn't visible anymore, but , and . still map to next/previous brush. Same if I assign a different shortcut to the next brush command.

I'm running the latest PS version on Windows 8. I already deleted my prefs (with tears in my eyes as I curated my preferences carefully over the years and have to remember / redo all over again) did nothing. Restated software and machine, also nothing.

Please help! It's endlessly frustrating to be animating and suddenly my brush changes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annab75297946  wrote

Hi there

deleted my prefs (with tears in my eyes as I curated my preferences carefully over the years and have to remember / redo all over again)

System Restore might bring those back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try that. thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines