2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 9:51 AM by Kevin-Monahan

Pupils backwards orientation problem

Jamesyoo156

I'm pretty new to Character Animator.. but I've watched almost all the tutorials and recently I ventured to create my own puppet following the tutorials..

I came out with a very frustrating issue.. Somehow the eyes won't move accordingly as it suppose to.

pupils backwards orientation.png

One eye will go up and the other down.. I've tried many things to fix this issue but I just can get it to work..

Like I mentioned, I use the same structure as it suppose to go, tag everything accordingly.. but I'm not sure if the problem resides in the photoshop file..

or the Character Animator puppet..

pupils backwards orientation set up.png

I've use the new "Clipping Mask" for the eyes since the pupils for this particular character are big, so they have to go under quite a bit.

for the blinking I created a folder inside the eye folder, but I discovered that this causes an issue with the "MASK" but that I can take care of by putting the

blinking outside the eye folder and create a key trigger, but the BIG issue is the eye orientation.. any tips will be appreciated thanks..

• 1. Re: Pupils backwards orientation problem
          Jamesyoo156 Level 1

After a very intensive troubleshooting I managed to get the problem fixed. It seems that somehow the Photoshop layer got a glitch that made the pupil malfunction inside character animator.. but creating a brand new layer cure the problem..

Now.. I have a question.. that maybe easy to answer to more advance users.. my question is; Why is it when I make the "blinking" folder outside the "Eye" folder to use with a trigger, the "pupil" indie the "Eye" folder becomes the default blink?

I hope anybody that has encounter this issue can give me an answer... thanks..

• 2. Re: Pupils backwards orientation problem
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Jamesyoo,

Why is it when I make the "blinking" folder outside the "Eye" folder to use with a trigger, the "pupil" indie the "Eye" folder becomes the default blink?

I believe the standard rigging always wants to see the Blink folder inside the Eye folder. If it's not there, you'll see unexpected behavior. Let us know if placing the Blink folder inside the Eye folder solves the issue.

Thanks,
            Kevin