10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 9:11 AM by Adam Jerugim

Layer data disappears when using healing brush and clone stamp tools - Photoshop CC 2018

emilyd825 Level 1

I have been using Photoshop CC 2018 since the update arrived a couple of weeks ago. I am running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6. More than once now, on more than one file, I have experienced a strange phenomenon while using both the healing brush and clone stamp tools. Seemingly out of nowhere, while using the tool, all of the data within the layer I am working on disappears. The layer becomes essentially blank. Having said that, today while working on a file, a similar problem occurred, only this time parts of my layer went transparent, while leaving the rest full opacity. Today, the deleted data seems to be in a grid pattern, while previously the data was just gone.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 5.00.02 PM.png

Going back in the History does not help. Once the data is gone, it's gone.

I've also realized that other layers, besides the one being worked on, get affected as well. Data disappears completely, or partially as illustrated above.

Anyone else experience this, or a form of it??

I've uninstalled Photoshop CC 2018 and reinstalled. I'm hopeful that may fix this, but haven't had the time yet to see.