I have the same problem
I have also the same problem
Same problem. Won't transfer book to ereaderr. Tried contacting Adobe Help desk and they say to go to these forums and get answers here which is obvious no one has and we are all floundering around without help from Adobe. Nice circle we are caught in.
1 person found this helpful
I have had similar problems in the past; I finally discovered a viable reply from Maureen, who outlined how to fix the problem: Re: Not able to open library books on my Kobo Glo: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened" (https://forums.adobe.com/message/8628518#8628518)
With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:
1. Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.
2.Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader. Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.
3. Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Remember to go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.
4. Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.
5. Re-upload the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.
6. Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!
THANK YOU!!! This worked perfectly!!!