2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2008 5:03 AM by Pooja_at_Adobe

How to add new Search words

Krisse78
      Hi,

I don't know how to add new search words to a CHM file. I mean I know that I should use the Smart Index wizard I guess. I have two projects in different languages. In the english RoboHelp project, I see my words (Indices) in the smart index wizards but in the german project, nothing is shown. In the CHM file, the search, however, works. What I would like to do is to add some words so that the user would, for example, find the same page when typing "Dateifunktionen" or "Datei-Funktionen".
      Could someone help. I'm using RoboHelp HTML 7. My project was created with version X3.

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: How to add new Search words
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Krisse78 and welcome to the RH community.

Are you saying you are running the wizard on your german project but nothing is coming up in the list of potential keywords? Can you add a keyword manually? Try adding Datei-Funktionen into the list of keywords in the Index tab and assign the topics to it. I always prefer to add keywords manually anyway. The wizard never seems to get the right keywords for me.
          • 2. Re: How to add new Search words
            Pooja_at_Adobe
            Hi Krisse78,

If I have understood your question correctly, you want to know how you can add synonyms for certain keywords using RH 7, to get the same results. Well, RH 7 allows you to do that using the Project Settings dialog box.

Please follow the instructions below.
            1. Click File > Project Settings.
            2. Click the Synonyms tab.
            3. Add keywords and their synonyms. Make sure you do not add any special characters.
            4. Save and generate CHM.

Following the instructions above you should be able to achieve the desired results. If you cannot, please do let me know. I am a technical writer for RH working at Adobe systems, and would be gald to help.

Regards,
            Pooja