Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wrong path in PSE Organizer

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have my photo in a folder in the D:\ drive witch is a internal disk drive.

A few weeks ago, the catalog in PSE "moved" from D:\ to M:\ drive... witch does not exist on my computer...

I can't move back the catalog to the D:\ drive, where all my photo are.

I have allready try to repair the catalog, create a new one, uninstall PSE 13 ti upgrade to PSE 2018... Always the same thing.

My computer is on window 10.

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

emmanueld77652181  wrote

Hi,

I have my photo in a folder in the D:\ drive witch is a internal disk drive.

A few weeks ago, the catalog in PSE "moved" from D:\ to M:\ drive... witch does not exist on my computer...

I can't move back the catalog to the D:\ drive, where all my photo are.

I have allready try to repair the catalog, create a new one, uninstall PSE 13 ti upgrade to PSE 2018... Always the same thing.

My computer is on window 10.

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure your really mean that "the catalog has moved". That would mean the catalog folder has been moved from the original default location on C: (or on D: if you moved it there yourself) to a new location on a new M: drive (or partition) which does not appear in your computer.

I rather suspect that the catalog folder has not been moved, but that the links to the real files locations in the catalog have been changed to a wrong drive identification.

My questions:

- was the original catalog folder on D: or in the default C: location?

It might have been on D: if you have 'restored' a backup to custom destination in D: otherwise the organzer can't move a catalog from default C: location to any other custom location. The organizer can only do the reverse operation: move from custom to default.

- Can you open the catalog or not? If you can open it but all files are shown missing, use the menu Help > System Information to see where the organizer thinks the catalog folder is located.

- Do a search from the Windows explorer for files named 'catalog.pse16db' on your drives (or partitions). You'll find any PSE 2018 catalog folders on your computer that way. Note that the default catalog location is a 'hidden' folder. Set the Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

- How does the organizer show the M: drive? In the Information panel when you look at a missing file?

While it may not be easy to understand how the M: drive identification was introduced, you will find your catalog real location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines