4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 9:03 AM by Charlie.D

Manual focus green edges

vincentt47413576

anyone else seeing green outlining appear when using the manual focus slider function? the green outlining appears when an object is in focus. i haven't had this problem prior to the update but it is occurring now after the update. thanks

• 1. Re: Manual focus green edges
          Michael J. Hoffman Adobe Community Professional

The green outlines show the features that are in focus, as you’ve observed. It’s intentional, and of course doesn’t show up in the final image.

Are you you asking whether this could be turned off? I don’t think there’s a toggle to disable it.

Mike

• 2. Re: Manual focus green edges
            vincentt47413576 Level 1

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes - the green shows up when the image is in focus. One of the main reasons why i use the lightroom camera function is because the manual focus is extremely versatile, easy to use, and powerful since the standard iOS camera is not manually adjustable. it is a defining feature for me and with this new update to include the focused images in green, i find it very distracting and hindering. I find myself taking the photos and having to review them to see if the focus looks perfect, and then re-taking the photo if needed.

Is there a way to disable this or toggle on/off? or perhaps a small update to include this toggle feature? if there is no way to solve this then i may be better off using the normal iOS camera for the time being.

Thanks,

Vince

• 3. Re: Manual focus green edges
              Michael J. Hoffman Adobe Community Professional

Hi Vincent,

im not aware of any way to turn this off while manual focus is active. If you return to autofocus, this doesn’t appear.

The normal iOS camera doesn’t have any manual focus, so I don’t know what you’d gain there.

Mike

• 4. Re: Manual focus green edges
                Charlie.D Adobe Employee

Thanks for the question and feedback here.

Mike is right that the green outline highlights what's currently in focus whenever in manual focus mode.

We let the app team know a toggle for the green highlighting is desirable for some users, and they are looking at what can be done for a future release.  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

1 person found this helpful