4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 12:25 PM by Buscum Ducis

Calculation questions

Buscum Ducis

Hi Community!

I'm fairly new to making digital interactive forms, but skilled enough that I wanted to try to make some auto calculations in the document. But some questions rose up, and after a ton of searching (probably in the wrong places) I couldn't find a answer to them. I attached a link to the file in question: got to file. So I would like to ask you:

1. Is it possible to make a calculation within 1 one column. I've made a document in wich the customer can manually fill the columns with data. Now is my question, if it's possible to make a calculation within that column, like the sum of all lines of data in the column "bedrag" will show in "sub-totaal". Or do I have to chop those colums up to smaller textboxes? I hope not ^^!

2. I tried to find a introduction to JS coding in Acrobat but can't seem to find one. I have found some instructions on the basic option but cant seem to find out how or where I can find more instructions.

I Would like to make the "sub-totaal" column x 0.21 show in "BTW" and for the "Totaal" I would like to make the sum of "Sub-totaal" and "BTW".

Your help will be much appreciated ! Thanks!

• 1. Re: Calculation questions
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Sure, it's all possible. And you don't need a script to do it, either.

Just use the built-in options under the Calculate tab. You can use the first option to create a sum of fields and the "Simple Field Notation" option to calculate the tax.

The formula to do that that would be:

sub-totaal * 0.21

You can also create a hidden text field with the tax percentage rate and then multiply the two fields.

• 2. Re: Calculation questions
            Buscum Ducis Level 1

Thanks for your quick answer! I tried what you said. At first I couldn't believe I didn't see that for myself, lol! But it does not quite work however. This is what I get:

Adobe_forum_screenshot_1.jpg

The second line of data in the Bedrag column is added behind the first. When I add a third line it says NaN. Also the calculations in the BTW section isn't working as well. I think Totaal works properly but I dont know since BTW is 0. I did as you said, what am I doing wrong? Thanks once again

Benjamin

• 3. Re: Calculation questions
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can't use multi-line text fields for this (well, you can, but it's much more complicated). Each row needs to be an independent field.

• 4. Re: Calculation questions
                Buscum Ducis Level 1

Hmmm that explains a lot. Thank you, you've made my day !