• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I save a particular project, when I try to play it, says it's corrupt

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I save a particular project, when I try to play it back I get a message that it is corrupt. Exact message is, "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." I'm using the same settings I use all the time to render and save my projects. I click:

Publish and Share

Computer

AVCHD

And then I have a custom preset:

H.264

1920 X1080

AAC, 64kbps, 44kHz, Stereo

I have saved hundreds of projects with these same exact settings both before and after this particular project without an issue but every time I render and save this particular project I get errors when trying to play. I have tried multiple players. I do not want to start over as it took me days to edit this particular video and it has three different layers (2 video one audio).

I would greatly appreciate any information on how to salvage all of the work I have done.

Other information:

Adobe Elements 13.1 (latest version per updates)

Windows 10

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Right when I was about to start over on this project, I noticed the drive I edit on was almost full. I decided as a last ditch effort to clear off some space on the drive and try again just in case it was a caching issue. I honestly did not think it would work. That was the problem. The software should have complained about not enough space on the drive instead of just creating a corrupt video, but oh well at least now it's resolved and I don't have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same for your backups and autosaves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the most recent backup and rendered/saved it and it looks like it worked yet when I play it at just over 18 minutes (it's a 30 minute video) it skips to the end and if I try to manually play any of it from that point forward it doesn't work. I'm going to try going back another auto save and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to a previous back-up (two back) and it ends up corrupt and will not play again. The one in the middle that at least worked part way, when I open it in Adobe Premiere Elements it says, "Where is the File 'Rendered - 8cffb883-043e-4539-9b25-1ba792c53eb7.meg'? I of course have no known file with that name. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendered files are in the same folder as your project file, in the Adobe Premiere Elements Video Previews sub-folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in all of the Previews sub-folders and I do not see that file. I have not deleted it. When I tell it to skip that file it does render/save but then it doesn't work so apparently that file is critical? I've tried rendering again before processing and it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendered files are not necessary because if they are missing, Premiere Elements will automatically recreate them when you play or render the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the original problem. The finished project is corrupt once it finishes rendering and saving, or if I go back to a previous version part of the video is missing even though it appears it’s all there after I save and render.  If it was any other video I would have does re-done it at this point but this one took many days to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right when I was about to start over on this project, I noticed the drive I edit on was almost full. I decided as a last ditch effort to clear off some space on the drive and try again just in case it was a caching issue. I honestly did not think it would work. That was the problem. The software should have complained about not enough space on the drive instead of just creating a corrupt video, but oh well at least now it's resolved and I don't have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting the solution to the issue.  It is good that you found the answer.  

It can be a surprise how much disk space is needed for temporary files. 

Good luck with the rest of your projects!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines