Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste from PS to InD not working-need direction

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I use InD to make a catalog, and use PS to copy and paste product information into the InD document.

Typically, I open the pdf of my product data in PS.  I use the rectangle marquee tool to select the info I need. With keystroke (ctrl-C) I copy and then paste (ctrl-V)

the selection into the InD document.

I recently updated my PS software (I use CS4), and my InD is a current version.  I have not been able to do this method for this current project and wonder if anyone can direct me to where my error is.  It saves me so much time to do this method.  I can still get my work done, but with three more steps.

It seems the keystroke commands are not working in PS.

Thank you,

Maureen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do that. Prepare the image in Photoshop, then Place the file in InDesign. That's how it's designed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is correct.

You want your files to be linked in design.  You make a change in Photoshop, the image will update in InDesign.

Ctrl+D to place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There!

Thanks for input!  I do "place" pictures in my document, but I have never done that with the data for those pics.  The file I get the data from is a PDF of labels.  I rect. marquee the label I need, then I have ctrl-C copied in PS the label, click on the InD doc and then ctrl-V paste the label where I want it.

Any suggestion on how to "cut" the labels of the pdf in PS so I can place them individually (like a picture) in InD?

Self taught. Any suggestions welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the easiest thing for you to do is draw your selection, copy then ctrl+n in Photoshop to create a new document which should be preset to the size of your selection you just made and paste. Ctrl+s and give it a name. Then in InDesign, ctrl+d to place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to make these bar-codes?

You could type out your UPC's or product numbers, assign a class and change the font to a bar-code font.

All of your bar-codes would then be consistent and easily editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines