3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 10:55 AM by JimHess

Restoring Photos and Edits after External HD Failure

jessicaa99872300

Hello, I hope you can help me. Yesterday I was moving old photos/folders from my Mac's HD to an external HD using Lightroom. The photos and folders were moved successfully to the external HD, but before I could make a second copy to a second external HD, the first external HD failed. Luckily, I was able to restore the photos/folders from yesterday's Time Machine backup to my computer. I see the folders/photos in the same location on my Mac as they were before I moved them to the external HD, however, when I reopened LR I do not see the folders/photos in the original 'Macintosh HD' location within the Folders section of the Library module (where they were before I started moving folders). I do, however, still see the Smart Previews of these photos under the 'External HD' location within the Folders section of the Library module, but of course I cannot access the original photos from that damaged external HD. So, in summary, I have the photos restored on my Mac and I have the edits on LR (since they are still appearing as Smart Previews in the external HD section and I assume the LR catalog is still in tact). Now, how do I get the photos to appear back in the Mac HD section of LR, with all their edits?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Jessica