New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following tools are not working in my Acrobat Pro XI:

• draw polygon
  • draw connected lines
  • draw cloud

The tool buttons have worked in the past, and are still visible.

They just aren't "lit up" anymore (see screen shot below, they are the 3 grey buttons on the right) and don't work.

tools.PNG

Any suggestions on how to get these tools functional again?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

This is very likely related to "touch mode". Go into Acrobat's preferences and select the "General" category. Here you should find the touch mode control. Set this to "Never" to see if this makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very likely related to "touch mode". Go into Acrobat's preferences and select the "General" category. Here you should find the touch mode control. Set this to "Never" to see if this makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that solved it.  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Can you help please?

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and the connected lines function has stopped working properly. I can draw lines however, if i need to delete them i cant now. Before i used to be able to highlight the line and simply press delete or backspace and they would go. Now i get lots of comment boxes come up and cant delete at all. 

I also cant change the lines once drawn. I used to be able to drag the little boxes at the line intersections and move them.

What is the problem please? I bought this programme at great expense to have this function.

I also tried the Never option as above but it made no difference.

Thanyou

adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the issue... thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andres5C7A

This problem has never been solved, please could you let me know what you are referring too?

What followed since June 2020 was multiple messges with me politely explaining the issue with nothing but unproffesional and bordering on rude single sentance messages back from various anonymous Adobe staff.

I was initially asked to private message Adobe regarding the above Pro DC problem I posted previously and did so compliantly.

I assume this was to hide the issue from the forums in the first place, which I now know is related to a known problem between Pro DC and Windows 10 64 Bit 1909 as I was told in the private email communication.

I also note some of my previous forum messages have been deleted.

My problem is now that the solution Adobe have offered is for me to have to download a new version of Adobe Pro 2017 at cost. The 2015 version I had bought in 2017, was a perpetual licence. The definition of perpetual is ‘never ending, occurring repeatedly so as to be endless and uninterrupted’ so I don’t see why I should have to pay for another product just because Adobe can’t fix an issue that is nothing to do with me. I have been told i have to pay a figure, which is significantly higher than the original cost and this is apparently with a discount.

I am getting nowhere with the anonymous person/s on the end of the email. I cannot find anywhere to communicate with anyone else to take this further. I am really so disappointed in Adobe; thought they would be better than this.

I do not see why I should have to pay again for a product that I was told was a lifetime product just a few years later. There must be a law against this also? Seems basically like corporate fraud to me.

Anyone else had this issue?

I also noted on some of the form threads, where Adobe people had responded with questions about how to make a complaint a link had been provided then the thread was closed by Adobe so no one could respond. The link provided simply went to a page where there were no links to complain just useless information and more links to other pages which did not help. Really poor service and really poor complaints procedures that I can see.

I would really be greatgul for any help, i am getting nowhere with Adobe who litteraly will not accept any fault or blame. I cant even complain properly. 

It is really quite insulting to have someone from Adobe say the problem is resolved when it clearly isnt.

Hope someone can assist? What are your experiences of complaints etc?

Thankyou Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. It solves the problem perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines