Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution images (Adobe Animate CC)

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I recently started working with Adobe Animate CC and created a HTML5 banner with the tool.

Now when I publish it and view it in a browser, everything is looking sharp and nice!

But when I put the banner on a server and view it online, the image quality becomes really poor.

Does anybody know how this can happen?

Cheers,

Vectarized

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe when you publish to the server the images are getting compressed. The way to work around this is to make the images at a higher resolution, so that when it loads up to the server it compress's to a good quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a rather dreadful solution. If (IF) the server is recompressing images, the proper solution would be to determine if there's a documented way to exempt images from processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ClayUUID,

The strange thing is that it only happens with this specific banner. I made another one and it works fine. And I never had issues with resolution in the past when uploading to a server.

It may sound strange, but could it be that the script that Adobe Animate creates compresses the files so that it stays under a certain KB size when used online? I noticed that the image spread (with the images used in the banner) is around 3 MB. It's okay when viewing offline but in most cases it would be to big for placing online with an Ad agency. Not sure if this is the case, but it looks like something like this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines