• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to REALLY share xd files? Open in XD Mobile?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I know I can share the link of my prototype and it opens in a browser. But I want my prototype to open in XD Mobile app of a different user so he can really have the same experience (browser is a bad experience). But the mobile app only opens from the specific creative cloud.

My friend doesn't have a desktop just his mobile device with XD and creative cloud installed. How can I get my XD file to his device within die XC app? Why no dropbox import?

Everything so complicated. Normally I use Flinto where the viewer app just opens all Flinto files but sadly they have no android app.

Thanx

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I've searched http://adobexd.uservoice.com and didn't find this request, so, please file it there, or post a link to a similar suggestion. I think this is a good idea, but, other people have put forth concerns that they don't want the people they share with to download the XD app which is why we haven't really prioritized this. But, I will check with our team to see what we can do.

Thanks,

Joan Lafferty

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I've searched http://adobexd.uservoice.com and didn't find this request, so, please file it there, or post a link to a similar suggestion. I think this is a good idea, but, other people have put forth concerns that they don't want the people they share with to download the XD app which is why we haven't really prioritized this. But, I will check with our team to see what we can do.

Thanks,

Joan Lafferty

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx. So in other words: There is NO chance to give a client A REAL experience of a prototype. The client must open it on a mobile browser where always the browser is at least shown on top. Gosh.

I thought that would be the first function such a tool should offer: Giving the client an app-like behavior in full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. This is much needed and quite surprising to learn it is not supported. Also such a pain to figure out that it's not supported. Meanwhile I'm made to feel like an idiot since I'm thinking surely this is possible and I'm just too stupid to figure it out. But no, it really is not supported. Yet I hope. I found another thread that indicates support for a full-screen prototype feature for mobile is being investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines