• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines missing when viewing PDFs

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to view a pdf in Adobe Acrobat X Standard and some of the lines are missing.  When I open the same pdf in both edge and chrome, it works and everything is there.  Also have tried on a second computer that has Acrobat 8 Standard installed, and it has the same problems.  No numbers or letters are missing, just lines.  Both computers are completely up to date.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Are the lines still missing when you change the zoom factor? Sometimes very thin lines fall "between" two columns or rows of pixels, and when you e.g. zoom in, the line will become visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the lines still missing when you change the zoom factor? Sometimes very thin lines fall "between" two columns or rows of pixels, and when you e.g. zoom in, the line will become visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!  That did indeed fix it - had to zoom for 90% to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue, except they don't appear when zooming, editing the pdf or opening it in Illustrator. I had edited a PDF in illustrator yesterday, and sectioned everything into layers, and when I opened it this morning, a few layers were completely gone, and do not show up anywhere. I was wondering what I could possibly do to recover these lost layers, this is very urgent because of a deadline tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's also very strange because typically PDFs are sectioned into layers when opened in Illustrator, but now that I open this pdf and others I had edited in Illustrator, it's broken every layer's objects into separate layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines