• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2018 won't open project

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project in After Effects CC 2018 and now suddenly this morning it would not open. I have restarted my computer many many times, updated drivers, renamed the footage folder in hopes that the project would open with missing files, tried opening auto-save versions of this project, etc. but nothing is working.

After Effects will open, but as soon as I attempt to open this project it either stops responding immediately, or when it gets to 3%.

What can I do to access my project? I spent a lot of time on it and absolutely CANNOT redo it- very tight deadline.

Suggestions very much appreciated. This is the last time I will EVER update an adobe product so soon after its release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS and system info? I am not having any problems with OSX 10.13.1 either with old projects or new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16 GB RAM

Quadro M2000, driver version 388.16

project is saved on the desktop but is pulling footage from an external hard drive.

The AE project had a premiere file in it.. the Premiere file still opens just fine in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jordan: Are Premiere Pro and After Effects both updated to the latest versions? You could try uninstalling AE and then reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import the problematic AE files into brand new AE files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JordanR,

Are you still facing this issue? Please let us know so we can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. I was working on a project and then AE froze so I had to quit the program. Upon relaunch the file won't open, AE freezes immediately (Mac pinwheel) at 2% of the project "loading". I waited and nothing happens. Restarting my computer does not fix it, same issue, same result. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm having the same issue, did you find a solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. It doesnt open the project. It gets stuck at0%.  I can open a comp however on premiere fine. but cant edit the content. now i cant even force quit the ae... whats wrong with ae? it was fine before the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can change the extension try to open then you retun the the right

extension probably it will work because you have change the directory to

the registrer if you're in windows pc

2018-01-31 10:00 GMT+00:00 YazT1985 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

After Effects CC 2018 won't open project created by YazT1985

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/YazT1985> in After Effects - View the

full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10142617#10142617>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sry I didnt mention. I'm on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the project on another computer that doesn't have the associated media on it. If the project opens, save, send it back to your computer, and re-connect media until you find the bugger that set it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This tip helped! Thank you! 

I opened the proj file on another computer, then reduced it (under File - Dependencies) and saved it with a new name. This way I salvaged several hours of work on the comp that I had been working on last. Then I imported the file into a previously saved proj file (from before the proj file stopped opening). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just bought ae cc 2018 and i dont know how to open it, it wont let me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines