8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 1:30 PM by JimHess

Lightroom Export Option Not Available

kaitlynnm

I have the free trial of Lightroom CC and I have no way of exporting my photos. The only options available are "Save Photo to.." and "Share To Facebook". I've googled this problem and no one else seems to have had this issue. There simply isn't an export option available where it should be, under "File". I've tried saving the photos to my computer, but the quality is different. I only have a few days left of the trial and would really like to get these exported before my time is out. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think you're jumping the gun a little right now. Lightroom CC, as it is right now, is a good tool for users who want to download images quickly and get them shared on social media. It isn't a tool for doing all the things that are possible with Lightroom Classic CC. It may evolve into that kind of a tool eventually, but that isn't where it is right now. Use it for what is and watch it grow and develop. As it does, you can grow as well.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
            kaitlynnm Level 1

Oh, okay. Thanks!

• 3. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
              PolS NZ Level 1

So it it possible to trial Lightroom Classic CC?   I had no idea I was downloading a light version of Lightroom when I opted for Lightroom CC.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
                Jim Wilde Adobe Community Professional

"Save To" in LRCC is the equivalent of "Export" in LR Classic, although at this stage it has far less options than Classic.

However, the quality should be more or less the same, so what do you mean when you say "the quality is different"? Different to what?

• 5. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
                  loganm86097152

The quality of images "save to" in lightroom CC is lost dramatically

• 6. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
                    Jim Wilde Adobe Community Professional

Are the images that you are exporting originals or smart previews? What "Save to" options are you using?

• 7. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
                      MyPro818

Hi!

I had the same problem, and it was strange how difficult it was to find answers.  Initially I thought "I can't be the only person who has noticed there is no Export button..." when every video, message board, and help section says there should be one. 

The other person answering this question sparked the thought that maybe the "Save to..." settings were off, and he was right:  It was instinctive for me to save as "Original + Settings" because it seemed like that would mean my original image with the changes I made would be saved.  Nope! 

Long story short, save it as a JPEG and you'll be alright.  I'm sure your trial period is long over now, but I really hope that helps for the future!

Good luck!

My

• 8. Re: Lightroom Export Option Not Available
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MyPro818  wrote

Hi!

I had the same problem, and it was strange how difficult it was to find answers.  Initially I thought "I can't be the only person who has noticed there is no Export button..." when every video, message board, and help section says there should be one. 

The other person answering this question sparked the thought that maybe the "Save to..." settings were off, and he was right:  It was instinctive for me to save as "Original + Settings" because it seemed like that would mean my original image with the changes I made would be saved.  Nope! 

Long story short, save it as a JPEG and you'll be alright.  I'm sure your trial period is long over now, but I really hope that helps for the future!

Good luck!

My

I don't understand your comment here. If I save a NEF file using the Original + settings option, I find that it will save the NEF file along with a XMP file to a designated folder. So why are you saying, "Nope"?