• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make this more realistic

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using Photoshop for years ...completely self taught..but I don't always know how to accomplishing what I imagine in my head.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback or suggestions on how to make this image look more realistic?

I've added a bit of shadow under the kettle but what can or should I do to the colouring of the kettle to make it look like it belongs in that scene?

r2d3 red kettle.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Lighting , reflections and noise.

Lighting - Look at the lighting direction and try and match that on the robot. Particularly around the kettle edges.

Reflections - The ground and the robot would both show as reflections in the kettle (and vice versa - the joys of polished surfaces). You could paint those in, but don't overdo it.

Noise & sharpness - The rest of the scene has an element of noise and level of sharpness that is not matched in the kettle - the kettle is comparatively noise free and much sharper than the scene. It needs some slight blur and some noise/grain added.

Have fun

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines