• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HYPERLINK SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS for PDF (Photoshop)

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stymied. I am creating an Electronic Press Kit for a client. I am trying to use Slices to create a bunch of Hyperlinks, then save the Photoshop file as a Photoshop PDF. The links do not transfer to the PDF. - when I open the PDF, there are no active Hyperlinks working.I have checked all the windows for any errors, but all looks fine.
Is there a simple process for achieving what I need to do here? I have all the little icons for various SM sites (Facebook, Twitter, ect) and I want to embed the specific Hyperlinks and then have them actively functioning in the PDF I create from that file. Anyone now how to do this? I am unfortunately using an older Photoshop (CS6).

Thank you for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Hyperlinks in a PDF you'd have to set any links in Acrobat after saving in Photoshop CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't understand. They want me to pay a monthly fee to edit the PDFs. Is there any work-around.? I thought what I was after was simple enough, but now it is costing me 5 hours of struggling.

HOW do I actually make this work in the final PDF? That is the actual question. I do not understand the answer as written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am broke and in debt, that is my stumbling block if forced to have to pay extra to fix the pDF. Just to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set the links up in Acrobat. You can download a trial version of Acrobat.

Download and install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC trial

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I do not feel comfortable having them take and charge my credit card. This is not an option at this time for me, due to being broke. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the hyperlinks in slices are only going to be present when you export to HTML, not PDF. The slices feature is very HTML-specific.

There are a number of inexpensive PDF editors that can add hyperlinks, but they aren't from Adobe.

If you absolutely cannot spend money, you'll probably have to use a free PDF editor like the ones in the link below. I have not tried anything on that list, so you'll have to see how well they work.

6 Best Free PDF Editors (November 2017)

If you happen to already have Adobe InDesign, that's an excellent way to design a document with hyperlinks that are preserved in an exported PDF. You might also be able to place your Photoshop PDF file in an InDesign document and add hyperlinks to it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines