4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2017 3:51 PM by Gummo Marx

ONE Missing Keyboard Shortcut

Gummo Marx

Hello!

One of my keyboard shortcuts will work only once - the other ones work repeatedly.  The rogue shortcut is used to reset my workspace via Shift+Ctrl+Q.

I'm using CS6 on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please help.

Regards
      Gummo

• 1. Re: ONE Missing Keyboard Shortcut
          MrToM Level 1

I actually read your question on another forum but I'll post the solution here.

Create your shortcut as usual using EDIT > KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

AFTER creating your shortcut RE-SAVE your workspace...do this via WINDOW > WORKSPACE > NEW WORKSPACE and type the EXACT same name of the workspace you are using.

You'll get a warning saying that the workspace already exists and do you want to over-write it....you do.

(Make sure the workspace is set to how you want it)

Also, and most importantly, make sure to check the KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS checkbox when prompted.

Regards.

MrToM.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ONE Missing Keyboard Shortcut
            Gummo Marx Level 1

Hello MrToM.

A thousand thank-yous for you superb answer.  From it, I've realised (better late than ever) that the shortcut (in resetting my workspace) threw itself out the window as the reset overrides the keyboard shortcuts.

Best regards

Gummo

• 3. Re: ONE Missing Keyboard Shortcut
              MrToM Level 1

No worries.

Yeah, what happens is when you change your workspace, (by dragging a panel for instance), it is no longer your SAVED workspace.....because you've changed it. PS will save this new 'layout' and revert to it on opening....regardless of whether you save it or not.

You just need the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' to be saved WITH your workspace so that you 'reset' to a workspace with your custom shortcuts saved in it.

Sorry I didn't get to you earlier.

Regards.

MrToM.

• 4. Re: ONE Missing Keyboard Shortcut
                Gummo Marx Level 1

I'm sorry too but I'm glad to get your valuable solution - it has reduced the memory of today's epic struggle to a minor niggle.

All my very best.
                Gummo