1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 7:40 AM by Akki_24

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Default Page Display settings not working

kahlerh25150531 Level 1

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  When I first started using it, documents opened at full screen, around 200% zoom.  I changed my preferences immediately to 100% using the below steps.  Up until month or so ago, documents opened up at my preferred default of 100% zoom.  Now all of a sudden everything opens at 200%+ full screen.

Under Edit - Preferences - Page Display, the Default Layout and Zoom is set to Single Page, Zoom 100%

Edit - Preferences - Full Screen - Full Screen Set Up - the box is UNCHECKED for "Fill Screen with one page".

The default Page Layout/Zoom are no longer working.  Every new document I open jumps out at me at 200%+ full screen.  I have to go into the actual document properties, change the zoom and save it (if I need to save the document).

It's driving me crazy!!!!  I open at least 50 documents a day and this 200% initial view is killing me! Why don't the default view settings work any more??  I read on the forums there was a patch in late August to fix this. When I click "Help", check for updates, it says no updates available.

I'm at my wits end and have spent hours searching for the solutions.  Further frustrating me is there no way to directly contact Adobe for help.  All roads lead to the Forums.  We'll see if I get an answer.  It's crap customer service to take money for software and then not provide help when features fail....

Adobe - if you can't fix the default settings to work properly, then please design the software to open docs at 100% not full screen (the most popular preference).

• 1. Re: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Default Page Display settings not working
          Akki_24 Adobe Employee

Hi Kahlerh,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response to your query.

1- Looking at the steps shared above, it seems that you have all the required settings enabled. However, you may also check the preferences setting shared below whether that has been enabled or not.

• Open a document, specially the one which is causing more trouble and opening in 200% view.  Change its view to 100% manually.
          • Now go to preferences, Acrobat >Edit>Preferences(Ctrl+K)> Documents>Check "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" if its not checked>OK
          • Close the current document and the Acrobat application too.
          • Reopen Acrobat and check the file again.

This should now fix the problem for the current document and the further files viewed at 100%.

2- If you are unable to install the updates automatically, then you may refer to the released notes here- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

3- You have not been able to contact to the support people, that might be because your current account seems to be a free account. We do not see and Acrobat DC registered under it.

For any free account or free application, the support will only be available on forums-  Contact Customer Care

Let us know if you still experience the same problem.

Regards,

Akanchha